Activity: Forecasting Unemployment
Activity: Dealing with Regime Changes
Activity: Forecasting Sales Across Multiple Stores
Give Us Your Feedback!
Community Discussions on Time Series
Forecasting Unemployment Datasets
Dealing with Regime Changes Datasets
Forecasting Sales Across Stores
Lab: Forecast with Time Series
Use Cases: Unemployment, Revenue, and Store Sales Forecasting
On this mission, you will build on the concepts from the Time Series Starter. Over a series of activities, you'll build more accurate models with DataRobot using Forecast Distance, Feature Derivation Windows, indicator variables, Known In Advance and Remove from Derivation options, and time series evaluation tools. By building and iteratively improving these models, you will gain the skills to develop your own forecasting models.
Mission format and duration: self-paced, hands-on, 1 hour
Upon completion of this mission, you will be able to:
- Build multivariate time series models for multiple use cases
- Compare models using the Accuracy Over Time (AoT), Stability, and Forecasting Accuracy tools
- Mitigate the effects of time series regime changes using indicator features
- Use calendar files to account for events that affect a model
- Build and evaluate multiseries models to forecast sales across multiple stores
Who should complete this mission?
- Business Analysts
- Citizen Data Scientists
- Data Scientists
Before embarking on this mission, you should complete one of the following:
- Starter Quest appropriate for your role (self-paced)
- AutoML I (virtual instructor-led mission)
- DataRobot for Data Scientists (virtual instructor-led mission)
We recommend that you also complete the following before beginning this mission:
- Time Series Starter (self-paced mission)
- Chrome browser
- DataRobot Automated Time Series — If you don’t have access to the application, please sign up for our free trial: datarobot.com/trial.