Complete the Lab
Give Us Your Feedback
Lab: Mitigate Bias in Models
Use Case: HR Recruitment
On this mission, you will use DataRobot to learn how ethical issues can impact your machine learning projects. You will do this by building and refining an ML model to mitigate bias. You will identify variables with inherent gender bias and perform feature engineering to remove the features that introduce bias.
Mission format and duration: self-paced, hands-on, 1 hour
Upon completion of this mission, you will be able to:
- Build a binary classification model to predict the probability that an applicant will be hired
- Isolate variables that predict bias and perform feature engineering to remove them from your model
Who should complete this mission?
- Business Analysts
- Citizen Data Scientists
- Data Scientists
Before embarking on this mission, you should complete one of the following:
- Starter Quest appropriate for your role (self-paced)
- AutoML I (virtual instructor-led mission)
- DataRobot for Data Scientists (virtual instructor-led mission)
- Chrome browser
- DataRobot Automated Machine Learning — If you don’t have access to the application, please sign up for our free trial: datarobot.com/trial.